images american flag waving eagle.



Brush up your General Knowledge, look around you. If you see, there is a priority date on my post - Infy does not sponspor GC's, atleast not with those priority dates in EB2 category. Can you deduce what that implies?

You are thinking only about the small percentage of "lost Indians" (including me) who are in this mess - if you really think about your motherland (and mine), help guys like NRN get a good infrastructure in place. By ridiculing him, what are you trying to say? had you been in his place, what would you have done? Settle here immediately, and launch a daily "freighter" to bring all Indians to US? What desh bhakti!

tonyHK12 rightly said - "look around" - dont get blinded sitting in front of the computer with just one site to visit ;) Look at the good things that someone does, take the positive things out of everything, respect every being - that is what the religions say - if you really believe in one. Wake up buddy - may God bless you!

BTW, if you ask the Hindu "pundits", it is not a religion at all, its more than just a religion!


Yeah... very good, now there is two.... this is the proof why EB is not moving or why there is no unity. Keep on arguing and disunite that is the usual desi NRI habit. especially people in USA.

Brush your GK about Hindu religion.. and this word is just phrased by a Irish Padri just to fool Hindus and you become a trap of it.. I pity Wake up and dont be in a fools world!

american wallpaper

What are your inputs on Maternity Advantage, I got this information from Pregnancy Insurance.org

Also please provide me info, if any, on hospitals which provides maternity insurance.
** for pregnant with individual health insurance which does not cover maternity.

Based on my experience , Depending on type of delivery hospital bill for delivery can vary from 10,000 to 15,000 for Mom and 2000-3000 for new baby.
And prenatal bill around 4000 ( excluding all UltraSounds) One UltraSound Cost around 400-500 $.

So, If you don't have insurance total bill my about around 25,000.

Depending how far in pregnancy you are, One of my friend was in same situation he decided to take his wife to home country.
I am not discouraging you, But keep all this in mind before you take the decision.
I Hope and pray that you can get some kind of insurence


us flag picture

PLEASE SPEAK WITH YOUR ATTORNEY TO EXPLORE YOUR OPTIONS. Every case is unique and whatever is here on forums may not apply to everyone. I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advise.

I dont think that after using H1 for 6 years, you can switch to H1 status from EAD status once 485 is rejected. Now, if you have used less than 6 years of H1, and then used AC21 portability, used EAD, abandoned H1 status and continued on EAD status and if the 485 gets rejected, there may be a way to reclaim the remaining unused portion of H1. It may involve going out of country and coming back in. Check with a lawyer, I dont know much and haven seen any case where someone who was on EAD status could go back to H1 status. Usually H1 to EAD is a one-way street, especially if you have already used up the 6 years of H1 stay in country.


I really don't understand, what can be RFE about, as you have been with the same company all these years. You really deserve a Greencard straight away without a single question after such a Long wait. I hope your RFE is very simple to answer and I wish that you get your Greencard soon. Good Luck.

Thanks for the pointers.

In my case I don't even know if it is namecheck that is blocking my case. So far my guess is that it was just the huge deluge of July 2 applications under which my application got stuck. But now that they have opened my application and mailed an RFE on Oct 22, at least I know that some IO is processing my case. Right now I am eagerly waiting for the RFE details. My law firm(FDBL) has not received it yet. I am pinging them every other day.

To answer another question from another poster, yes, I have been with the same company since 2001.



Sorry to hear about your situation. You should've taken unpaid leave for two weeks instead of a lay off. Now you definitely should not file AC21 and hope that the USCIS will not issue RFE (rarely happens). It doesn't matter how you quit, if the USCIS finds about it, it will probably deny I-485.
Regarding Shusterman's Q&A. I am not sure where he is coming from. The law (8 USC 1154) does not provide for lay-off exception. Wait... The USCIS memo says this:

"Question 10. Should service centers or district offices deny portability cases on the sole basis that the alien has left his or her employment with the I-140 petitioner prior to the I-485 application pending for 180 days?
Answer: No. The basis for adjustment is not actual (current) employment but prospective employment. Since there is no requirement that the alien have ever been employed by the petitioner while the I-140 and/or I-485 was pending, the fact that an alien left the I-140 petitioner before the I-485 has been pending 180 days will not necessarily render the alien ineligible to port. However, in all cases an offer of employment must have been bona fide. This means that, as of the time the I-140 was filed and at the time of filing the I-485 if not filed concurrently, the I-140 petitioner must have had the intent to employ the beneficiary, and the alien must have intended to undertake the employment, upon adjustment. Adjudicators should not presume absence of such intent and may take the I-140 and supporting documents themselves as prima facie evidence of such intent, but in appropriate cases additional evidence or investigation may be appropriate."

So you may not be in a bad shape after all. As for whether to file AC21 papers in your situation, I am not sure. I would not do it.

Thanks. Yes, that I certainly will have to do that. Any other areas need to be taken care of such as proof of financial audit reports for EB2 filer ? Or any other things...?

Mine is getting into a scenario similar to your case!! Can you please update me what is happening in your inter-filing scenario? Thanks in advance.
I finally heard back something from my Senator's office. He sent me an email from USCIS stating that my FBI check was clear but that I needed new fingerprints as the first set had expired. The email also said that she would request a fingerprinting appt for me which should happen after 30-60 days and once I got fingerprinted the Senators office can contact her so that she can expedite with the I 485 supervisor.

Now my question is should I waoit for her to trigger the 2nd fingerprinting notice, or should I just take an Infopass and try to get them scheduled ? I mean should I really wait 30-60 days just for a fingerprint request (assuming they remember to send one) or can I proactively request it to save time.
Would appreciate a response ?

This is (YourName), I have e-filed for Travel Authorization Document (I-131) receipt number XXXXXXXXXXX. I need travel document to travel to India in the month/year to attend marriage/or some story.

I am eligible for travel document based on pending 485/AOS receipt number xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Attached are the supporting documents. Please feel free to contact me if you need any additional information.

Popular Posts